Saturday, March 24, 2012

Adding More Gordons

After missing out on a couple of player appearances today, I decided to just hang out at home, relax and watch the Dodger game.  Dee Gordon had another nice day, going 2 for 3 with a run scored and a stolen base, his eighth of the Spring, helping the Dodgers beat the Indians 5-4. He tried stretching one of his singles into a double, getting called out at second, which was a bit disappointing. I like Dee's aggressiveness on the basepaths, but he has to know when to hold up and when to keep going. I think he's going to get better at making those decisions the more he plays.  He is getting on base, and that's the most important thing.


Anyway, I added some more of Dee's cards this week. Here are some of them: 


I told myself I wasn't going to buy anymore patches, but I picked this up anyways.  I really don't understand this card. It's a Brooklyn patch with a picture of Dee in an L.A. uniform. Huh?


2011 Bowman Chrome Refractor #d/799

2011 Topps Update Cognac Diamond Parallel

2011 Topps Update Target Red Parallel

2011 Topps Target Red Parallel

2011 Topps Gold Parallel

2011 Topps Chrome XFractor

2012 Topps Heritage Short-Print

Out of all these cards, I like the Heritage the best. The '63 design is classic and I think it would look great with an autograph. So that will be one of my goals in 2012, to get the Heritage card signed.

4 comments:

  1. Dee will make some signing appearances. We will be there this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure. We should try when we're in San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Topps Heritage card. Great looking set this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm debating whether or not to by some more today.

      Delete