Sunday, October 16, 2011

Some Recent Dodger Auto Pick Ups

I've picked up a couple Dodger autos in recent weeks. Like I said in a previous post, I'm trying to concentrate on some of the kids in the organization.


One of the young pitchers whose auto I'd been hunting for a while was Zach Lee. Lee was the Dodgers first-round draft pick in 2010. It took a $5.25 million signing bonus to keep him from playing Quarterback at Louisiana State. This was the highest signing bonus awarded to a Dodger draft pick since the $2.3 mil given to Clayton Kershaw in 2006. There are some high expectations for this kid, who went 9-6 with a 3.47 ERA at single-A Great Lakes. Here's his 2010 Bowman Sterling auto:


Here's another 2010 Bowman Sterling auto. This one is Dodger pitching prospect Aaron Miller, who was the Dodgers first-round draft pick in 2009. Miller's got the goods, but has battled injury. I'm hoping this kid can move up in the organization and put up some big numbers.


Here's another Dodger first-round pick who's had his ups and downs as a professional, Scott Elbert. It looks like the lefty finally found his place in the organization, as a reliever. He went 0-1 with a 2.43 ERA and a 1.23 WHIP in 33.1 innings pitched out of the bullpen for the Dodgers in 2011. This is his 2005 Topps Turkey Red auto #d out of 300.


The last auto for today is Justin Sellers. Sellers was one of the more exciting players to watch at the end of the 2011 season. He showed off his skills with the glove at 2B, SS and 3B and could be the utility guy in 2012 in place of Aaron Miles or Jamey Carroll. This is his 2007 Just Minors Auto.

6 comments:

  1. Those Lee and Elbert autos are beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Greg. I'm picking up a Dee Gordon tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Lee! The Sellers one is great as well. Nice stars n stripes jersey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice autos. I started going this route with my Yankee autos, but then I wound up with a bunch that never wore pinstripes. Now, my rule is the player had to have made at least one appreance as a Yankee to make it into my collection. Saves me space and money, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike - you're right. I should be following that rule, but I'm scared the player might blow up along with the price of his cards.

    ReplyDelete