Monday, October 25, 2010

Contest Winnings From I'm Ballsy, Sort Of


Last week, Are No over at I'm Ballsy held a contest. The winner got a 2009-10 Panini Hall of Fame Clyde Drexler Dream Team Game Threads, #'d 057/650. It's a sick card, one I really wanted. Well, I didn't win the contest, but Are No was nice enough to send me a nice consolation prize.

I received my yellow envelope in the mail today, and was surprised when I opened it.  There were some cool cards inside: a 2009 Bowman Russell Martin WBC card, a 2004 Jonathan Broxton Just Minors card, a 2010 Panini Basketball Bob Davies, all cards that I don't have. There was one more card inside the envelope, a 2007 Upper Deck Spx Andre Ethier Winning Materials game used card #16/199. Cool, it's numbered 16, just like Andre's jersey number. Anyway, it was a pleasant surprise. Thanks Are No! I'm gonna get something back to you in return.




Love the WBC card. My mom's Canadian, so I love seeing Russ in this jersey

Damn, Big Jon is...skinny!

Check out Are No's blog, I'm Ballsy, he's got a great collection and some cool guinea pigs.

9 comments:

  1. Nice pickups, the Ethier and Broxton especially.

    Funny enough, I just picked up the chrome version of that Russ card at my local shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg - Oh you did. I've seen quite a few of them on ebay. I may pick one up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's a nice looking card, chrome or no chrome. Shiny is always enticing though haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. True. I don't have a lot of Russell cards. I've been so down on him over the last couple of years. It's kept me from picking up any of his cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only got the chrome WBC card, his 2010 A&G, and a couple of A&G minis of his from the last few years. I figured good prices at my shop, and one is black bordered, so why not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice. What do you think will happen with Russell in 2011?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I could see him coming back if he takes a massive pay cut, and rolls with an incentive-laden deal.

    Of course, I could also see the Dodgers thinking a Barajas-Ellis combo is somehow good. Which, of course, it is not.

    I certainly hope he comes back. If for no other reason than I'd like to meet him haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ellis for a full year? I hope not. Barajas backing up Russ ain't bad.

    I would love Russell's auto.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would it really shock you though to see the Dodgers go with Barajas/Ellis?

    ReplyDelete