Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pictures From Opening Day

I made the trip down to San Diego on Thursday to see the Dodgers play the Padres on Opening Day. I went with Angry Albert and we met up with Spiegel and two other die hard Dodger fans, Mike & Mike who were staying in SD for the night. 


When we got to the Gaslamp District, we noticed a lot of Dodger fans on the streets. I had never been to a game at Petco before, but I heard there was always large presence of  Dodger fans at the games. Let me tell you, this almost felt like a Dodger home game. Walking around Petco, we saw so many Dodger fans. We never felt uncomfortable, even the Padres fans were very respectful. 


I wish I would have taken more pictures, but I was enjoying every minutes of Opening Day and I just forgot to take the camera out of my pocket. Here are a couple of shots I did take though.


Spiegel stayed in SD. Here's the view from his hotel room.

The Fox broadcast in front of Tony Gwynn's statue

The view from our seats

Opening Day starter Clayton Kershaw about to warm up




As you can see, the I had a bit of an obstructed view, so I didn't see Matt Kemp's homerun go over the wall. The architect of this stadium should be shot!
Closer Javy Guerra warming up in the 'pen.

My boy Dee on the jumbotron

There I am!

If you love the National Anthem like I do, check out the flag ceremony. The Herrier jets that fly over the stadium at the end were awesome!

                      

I had a great time on Thursday, especially since the Dodgers won. I need to thank Spiegel and Mike C for hooking me up with the tickets, I really appreciate it.  I can't wait to go to Petco again!

4 comments:

  1. Fun times! I am still raving about how cool Petco Park is. We need to go back there soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again! Also, thanks for the autographs. I need to get you something in return.

      Delete
  2. Petco Park is amazing. I loved going to the Stadium when I lived in San Deigo a couple years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you lived down there Jesse. It's an amzing ballpark. I wish Dodger Stadium had a scene like that.

      Delete